January // 12 things you want to read/see/listen to/experience this year.
- My grandmother’s 100th birthday – she recently broke a bone, so the plans are more subdued than previously anticipated, but it’s still going to be a raucous party. How often does a loved one reach triple digits?
- A month of theater. The Boy and I have tickets for so many different shows, and there are so many good ones in DC in the month of February that we’ve had to cut ourselves off. I mean, we have to stay some nights at home, right?
- Good friends gave us a gift certificate to do a cool scavenger hunt with them early in the spring. I’m so excited, I can’t stand it.
- Opening Day for the Nationals. A new season, a new chance to…hopefully not mess things up.
- I’m getting married this spring. Did I forget to mention that? Whoops. 😉
- A weekend in upstate New York to celebrate another momentous birthday with my other grandmother!
- Foreign travel somewhere this summer…anyone have a cool recommendation?
- Lots of interesting movies coming out this year (Beauty and the Beast, The Circle, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Wonder Woman, Thor Ragnarok, Star Wars Episode VIII…all very exciting!)
- TV shows I love coming back – House of Cards, Master of None, Scandal (FINALLY BACK THIS WEEK), Last Week Tonight, Game of Thrones, Girls, Sense8, Outlander.
- New TV shows/projects that look cool: The Handmaid’s Tale, Star Trek: Discovery, American Gods.
- There are so many books I’m looking forward to reading. Few are releasing in 2017, but I know that many of the books I’ve got coming up are exciting ones!
- Being in our house for a full year – we know more about its quirks and what needs fixing, what can wait, and how to make the best of what we have. I’m looking forward to not having to spend a year figuring out the best way to do things.
So obviously that’s my list. Anything that y’all are particularly looking forward to in 2017?
Details: This post is part of Project Reverb 2017, which sends out monthly (and sometimes daily during a month-long challenge in December) writing prompts for bloggers. If you’re interested in participating, sign up here.